Sunday, April 3, 2011

Food Choice Ideas

 I wanted to give an idea of some of the food choices that worked or did not work for me.  It may at least stimulate some ideas for anyone investigating food options.  The foods that don't seem to exasperate by B6 toxicity symptoms are:

  • Baby carrots 
  • Celery and almond butter
  • Sugar Beets with balsamic vinegar
  • Assorted steamed frozen veggies (asparagus, veggie medleys, green beans).  After steamed I add butter and pepper, before eating.  This has been a staple for me, since I dislike cooking. 
  • Oranges, Clementines, Tangerines
  • Apples
  • Plain goat yogurt (I add in organic frozen blueberries-after they've thawed a bit)
  • Smoothies using organic frozen berries, water, a bit of agave nectar, whey isolate (for protein)
  • Fried eggs, with salt and pepper
  • Nitrate-free organic hot dogs, I just eat them plain
  • Goat meat (from a local meat specialty store)
  • Almonds
  • Pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds
  • Cheese
  • Chocolate bars (before I gave up sugar).  Ones containing 70% cocoa and without soy lecithin.  Found these at a health food store
  • Organic red wine
  • Cod Liver Oil
  • Stir fry that primarily included celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, almonds, onions, and soy sauce
  • Bryers chocolate ice cream (ingredients vary widely with flavors.  I made sure it didn't contain soy lecithin or nuts.)
Listed below are things I added to my diet later.  Although they didn't seem problematic, my toxicity symptoms had improved by then.  Still they may have been fine, even at the beginning (I'll never know).  They are: 
  • Homemade squash soup (essentially kabocha squash and onions)
  • Boiled russet potatoes (removed the skins and ate with butter and/or goat yogurt)
  • Homemade pumpkin soup
  • Turkey breast (nitrate-free)
  • Raw Revolution energy bars (found at the health food store.  Primarily contains cashews, flax seeds, spirulina, almonds).
  • Aloe vera juice and green veggie powder with the smoothies
  • Chicken thighs (I tried the dark meat, since white meat has more B6)
  • Popcorn
Symptoms worsened when I tried gluten-free pancakes, rice pasta, butter pecan ice cream, and gluten-free bread.  I also don't think plain pecans work well for me either.  

I always stuck with organic, which I'd recommend.  I figured my liver was probably already overwhelmed, so I didn't need to add to the load.  I also just grazed throughout the day, rather than eating large meals all at once.  And eating earlier in the day seemed to lessen my night neuropathy symptoms as well. 

--Annette  



     

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting together these suggestions! Very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this blog still active? I have B6 toxicity and also a need to eat foods high in potassium. These two requirements are completely at odds and I am struggling to find anything to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete